- Email: email@example.com
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-opiyo-9465ab2b/
- Patira data science: https://www.patiradatascience.com
- The Ohio State University: https://plantpath.osu.edu/our-people/stephen-obol-opiyo-phd
- NCBI: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=Stephen%20Opiyo&sort=date
Stephen Obol Opiyo is a Bioinformatics Research Scientist at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, USA; an Affiliated Scientist at International Livestock Research Institute (BecA), Nairobi, Kenya; a Lead Data Scientist at Muni Labs, Arua, Uganda; a Visiting Scientist at The University of Sacred Heart, Gulu, Uganda; and a Technical Advisor Lead (DRUM, Uganda project) in Data Management and Analytics, Oxford Policy Management, Oxford, UK . He obtained his PhD in Bioinformatics, MSc in Plant Breeding and Genetics, from The University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and a Post-Doctoral training in Data Science and Molecular Evolution at the same University. He lectures and gives workshops in statistics, bioinformatics, metabolomics, proteomics, genomics, metagenomics, data science, machine learning and Geographical Information Systems. He a founder of Patira Data Science. He has 15 years of experience in Bioinformatics and Data Science.
Role/contribution to SynBio Africa:
- Capacity building and mentorship.
- Data Science and Bioinformatics related projects.
- ICT related projects.
- Manuscripts preparations and grants writing.