- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-cumbers-542220/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/synbiobeta?lang=en
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/synbiobeta/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SynBioBeta/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmQkwUeFhIDJvEP4h0d8dQ
Former NASA bioengineer, Dr. John Cumbers is the founder and CEO of SynBioBeta, a leading research community using synthetic biology to build treatments and testing for COVID-19. He is the author of “What’s Your Biostrategy?“, on the ways biology will transform industry and our daily lives, and is a senior contributor for Forbes.com where he writes about biomanufacturing and synthetic biology. Dr. Cumbers founded multiple startups, is an operating partner and investor at the deep tech investment fund DCVC, and has received awards and grants from the National Academy of Sciences. He earned his PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry from Brown University, is originally from the UK and lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.